Top Rated Stand Up Paddle Boards
A sport as uncomplicated as its name! Stand up paddle boarding has become increasingly popular as a warm day’s water sport activity, and in order to join in on the fun, you will need a paddle and a stand up paddle board. The more relaxed cousin of the surfboard and the kayak, stand up paddle boards originate from Hawaii.
Reviews of the Best Stand Up Paddle Boards
Considering the above factors will make choosing the stand up paddle board that’s right for you easier. But to help you along even more, we’ve compiled a list of the most popular and well reviewed stand up paddle boards out there!
1. The SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- WIDE SUP DESIGN - The SereneLife stand up paddling board is 10' long and provides 30" of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing.
- SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY - The triple bottom panel fins help board improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike.
- NON-SLIP SOFT TOP DECK - Great for beginners, our paddleboard is made for early learning and for less accidents or injuries should you fall-happens to us all!
What makes the SereneLife so special? This inflatable board is the perfect stand up paddle board for beginners. This board is created with a super wide design, standing at 10 feet long and offering 30 inches of standing deck space. This board is a perfect recreational vessel for almost anyone, as it has a really favorable weight capacity of 275 pounds (or just under 125 kilograms)!
A few Pros of the SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board include the fact that included in the overall price of this low cost board comes a leash, a storage bag (for when the board is not inflated), an air pump and an oar. Some may argue that these are not a lot of the essentials you need to get out on the water, but we think that this is just fine for any novice paddler. The oar sold along with this board is also adjustable, perfect for use by multiple paddlers, whether short or tall. The deck of this board is also covered with a non slip padding, which is great for the learning curve that comes with stand up paddle boarding, and helps to keep you on the board more than in the water! This board is really multipurpose, and can be comfortable used on most waters. The SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board has been rated very highly on multiple online platforms, so the only apparent con to this board is the time it takes to inflate and deflate it, but then think of all the space you’ll save.
Overall, we would totally recommend this inflatable board for anyone who is new to stand up paddle boarding, as well as those who are just into recreational paddling, but who don’t have the space available for a rigid board.
2. The Thurso Surf Waterwalker Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- THURSO SURF Waterwalker is an All Around inflatable paddle board made for all paddlers. It is the first to combine a traditional all-around board and a touring board, and preserves the best characteristics of each: excellent stability and great...
- THURSO SURF inflatable SUP showcases the strongest iSUP structure on the market: DOUBLE LAYER construction with TRIPLE/QUAD Military Grade PVC coatings on the deck and side. A TWO-layer PVC coated tarpaulin is added on top of a PVC coated drop stitch core...
- Far superior to aluminum or fiberglass paddles, the included CARBON shaft paddle weighs ONLY 2 lbs and floats on water. The 3-piece construction gives portability and allows the paddle to adjust from 68'' to 84''. Made of tough composite nylon, the blade...
What makes the Thurso Surf Waterwalker so special? This board has been aptly described as one of the best “all rounder” stand up paddle boards out there. This board is on the larger side, standing at 11 feet long, 32 inches wide and has a seriously impressive weight capacity of up to 350 pounds (or just under 160 kilograms)! Do not mistake this inflatable board for being anything other than the rugged board it is! The Thurso Surf Waterwalker Inflatable Board is constructed out of military grade PVC making it next to impervious to punctures.
The Thurso Surf Waterwalker Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is sold together with some serious accessories. Along with your inflatable board, you’ll get deck bungees (for securing gear to your board, perfect for those who will be using their board for longer spans of time on the water), an easy carry handle, a leash, a wrapping strap, storage bag and pump, as well as 3 detachable fins, traction pads and an oar constructed with a tougher (as well as lighter) carbon shaft. The oar also floats, so no fear about dropping it. The ample deck space and grip cover makes this the perfect board for those who like to adventure with their dogs. This board is also quite aesthetically pleasing, and if you didn’t know any better, you might think it was made of pure wood.
Overall, the Thurso Surf Waterwalker Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is a well above averagely constructed and mid range priced stand up paddle board.
3. The Burke 11ft Cruiz Stand Up Paddle Board
- High density durable IXPE/ape deck (heat laminated) with graphic and high density durable polyethylene Slick bottom (heat laminated)
- Surf leash (precision molded fittings, double swivel, rail Saver), Neoprene padded ankle strap, and molded-in nylon leash plug
- Tri-fin system and V-Hull (Water Displacement) Nose to to help with speed, glide, and turning
What make the Burke Cruiz so special? Well, this board is synonymous with reliability and durability. The heat laminated IPXE deck of this board, the moulded in wood stringers and the reinforced EPS core are the source of it’s great rigidity and strength. This board is designed with a V-Hill nose, which lends itself to smooth gliding at high speeds, as well as providing real control out there.
The Burke 11ft Cruiz Stand Up Paddle Board is sold along with padded roof racks (protects your beautiful board from being scuffed while you’re transporting it), an adjustable oar (the oar is characterized by its textured grips, that make dropping this oar a remote possibility) and removable fins plus a leash. This board is comfortable in more ways than one. Weighing only 26 pounds (or just under 12 kilograms), it is easy to carry around, and the built in contoured handle makes this action even easier.
Overall, the Burke 11ft Cruiz Stand Up Paddle Board is a good board for experienced paddlers, as well as beginner paddlers. This board does come with a 30 day warranty, which is not very long but chances are that will never even need it. And lastly, this stand up paddle board just looks really cool!
4. The Goplus 10 inch Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 【Weight Limit】 10' x 30"x 6" or 11' x 30"x 6"Board could support riders up to 330 lbs.
- 【Easy to Use】 Inflates and deflates in less than 5 minutes.
- 【Extra Durable】 Constructed with drop-stitch construction. Never worry again about dings and board cracks.
What makes the Goplus so special? One of the most attractive qualities of this board is how incredibly durable it is. The military grade drop-stitch construction of this board make any worries of bumps and scrapes non existent. This board supports weight up to 330 pounds (or just under 150 kilograms), making it comfortably safe for even a full grown man.
There are many pros of the Goplus 10 inch Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board, including the fact that it inflates and deflates in just under five minutes, a real pro as the time that inflation and deflation takes can sometimes be kind of a drag. This board is sold at a very reasonable mid range price, along with an extendable paddle, a removable fin (the fin provides you with extra stability), a repair kit for the seriously slim chance of ever getting a puncture, a coil leash, a manual pump and a backpack to put it all into. The stability of this inflatable board is great for those who are interested in practicing yoga on calm waters, or those who are going to use their stand up paddle board to fish.
Overall, the Goplus 10 inch Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board performs well on all different kinds of waters, rough or calm.
5. The Isle Versa Epoxy 10’5 Stand Up Paddle Board
- SPECS: 10'5 x 32" x 4.5" | Volume: 175 Liters | Weight 27 Lbs. | Supports Riders Up to 275 Lbs. | Includes Traction Pad + Adjustable Carbon Shaft / Plastic Blade Paddle + Center Fin
- SUPER DURABLE: New Thermal Molded Technology eliminates waste in the construction process and creates an epoxy board both lightweight and ultra-durable, yet stylish in design.
- EASY TO CARRY: Comfort Grooved Carry Handle makes this stand up paddle board easy to transport
What makes the Isle Versa so special? This board is constructed out of thermoform plastic and is really light for a rigid board, coming in at 17 pounds (or just over 12 kilograms). This material is both lightweight as well as reliable and strong. This board also offers great stability as it’s deck is a bit wider, at 32 inches wide, making it great for waters on which you’ll find smaller waves. This board is 4.5 inches thick, so expect a lot of support even if you’re doing yoga or fishing.
The Isle Versa Epoxy 10’5 Stand Up Paddle Board is priced a bit higher than your average stand up paddle board. The comfort groove carry handles that are moulded into this stand up paddle board makes it easy to carry into and out of the water, no matter how big or small you are! You’ll get a floatable carbon shaft oar and a removable fine along with your board upon purchase.
Overall, the Isle Versa Epoxy 10’5 Stand Up Paddle Board is a total all rounder. This board performs well on all types of water and if you find a problem with it within the first 0 days of your purchase, you are able to return it.
What Makes a Great Stand Up Paddle Board?
Not all stand up paddle boards are created equal, and the differences in these boards will make them better or worse at at performing in different environments or for different sized or experienced paddlers. Keep in mind that good qualities of a stand up paddle board can be subjective!
The Height and Weight of the Stand Up Paddle Board
The height of a good stand up paddle board, for you, will need to be proportionate to your own height. You need to make sure that the weight correlates correctly with the height of the board. If you’re a newcomer to the sport, a good board, for you, will be lighter.
The Length of the Stand Up Paddle Board
The length of a board is important because a longer board is better for calmer waters, and a shorter board is better for surfing and catching waves, so in this case, the “good” length of the board depends on what you want to do with it.
The Width of the Stand Up Paddle Board
Once again, a “good” width of a stand up paddle board depends on what your level of experience is, and what you are going for. If you feel that stability is most important to you, then a good board would be a wider one, whereas if it’s speed that you’re after, a slimmer board would be better.
The Hull Design of the Stand Up Paddle Board
When it comes to the hulls of a stand up paddle board, you have two options. A displacement hull (or a v-Shape hull) is better for those who prize speed, whereas planning hulls, which are much wider and flatter in shape, lends itself to stability and balance.
The Construction of the Stand Up Paddle Board
A good stand up paddle board, whether rigid or inflatable, is constructed out of durable materials that stand up to wear and tear.
The Fin Setup of the Stand Up Paddle Board
The amount of fins on your board define whether the board will operate better in rougher or calmer waters.
The Volume and Thickness of the Stand Up Paddle Board
The thickness and volume of a good board are completely dependant on your weight. The more you weigh, the more volume and thickness needed!